When you donate to Toronto and Region Conservation Foundation (TRCF), you’re giving back to nature. This holiday season, we are reflecting on the gifts that nature gives us year-round.
Our natural environment gives us so much:
- Wetlands hold water, protecting homes and businesses from floods.
- Forests store carbon dioxide, cleaning pollutants from the air we breathe.
- Meadows give pollinators a place to rest and eat, and give species at risk a chance to thrive.
- Parks and trails provide our communities with peaceful places to enjoy nature’s beauty.
In 2022 so far, so many incredible donors gave back to nature by donating $2,790,255 towards projects that will protect, restore, and sustain nature in our region.
Your generous donations will support land transformation projects like The Meadoway in Scarborough. With the help of our donors, we are building vital habitat to support biodiversity and sustainability throughout our jurisdiction.
Donations to TRCF’s Water fund will be used to create and restore wetlands. A special bird research project at Tommy Thompson Park funded by our donors will help TRCA’s scientists assess the success of habitat restoration projects and the health of local bird species.
Community fund donations will support a variety of community initiatives:
- At Kortright Centre for Conservation, donors will support educational programming for Indigenous youth and their families, bee education, and the construction of a unique carved log bench for visitors.
- At Black Creek Pioneer Village, your donations will support the care of our heritage breed animals, restoration of the Dalziel Barn, and other cultural heritage initiatives.
Our donors have also invested in the next generation of environmental leaders by supporting the B. Harper Bull Scholarship Fund and the Monarch Teacher Network of Canada.
We are so grateful for the support of our monthly donors and corporate leaders who gave back to their communities through employee-driven cleanups, plantings and stewardship.
We are also grateful for those who supported Foundation initiatives on Earth Day and Giving Tuesday, as well as through Text2Give and Employee Giving Programs. Because of you, we can continue to support Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) priority projects. Thank you!
The passionate and hard-working staff of TRCA have dedicated themselves to securing a sustainable future for everyone.
As development and climate change continue to make TRCA’s work urgent, we want to thank everyone who is making conservation happen and giving back to nature through your donations. None of this vital work would be possible without you.
Together, we can give back to nature by protecting our beautiful habitats, parks, and greenspaces for future generations.