The B. Harper Bull Scholarship Awards 2019
2019 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Thank you to all who applied.
Are you a post-secondary student pursuing a future career in the environmental or cultural heritage sectors? The B. Harper Bull Scholarship Awards are here to support you.
Three scholarships are available:
- First prize – $3,000
- Second prize – $2,000
- Third prize – $1,000
To qualify, students must:
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary degree or diploma program during the 2019-2020 academic year
- Be completing post-secondary studies in a field that relates broadly to the work of Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA). Examples of eligible programs include: Environmental Studies, Landscape Architecture, Archaeology, Museum Studies, Forestry, and Civil Engineering
Students who are currently employed by TRCA or who are immediate family members or relatives of TRCA employees, TRCA board members or Toronto and Region Conservation Foundation board members are not eligible to apply to this awards fund.
Applicants are required to complete and submit the following:
- Scholarship application form
- One 500-word essay outlining how the applicant demonstrates the values of The Living City—where human settlement can flourish forever as part of nature’s beauty and diversity
- Two letters of reference, including one academic reference and one work-related reference
2019 Scholarship applications are now closed.
Review and Selection
Submissions will be reviewed by Toronto and Region Conservation Foundation’s volunteer selection committee. Special consideration will be given to students who demonstrate leadership through volunteer and extracurricular activities.
While academic excellence is important, scholarships will not necessarily be awarded to students with the highest marks. Scholarship winners will be well-rounded leaders who are active in their communities and epitomize the ideals of conservation.
The committee’s award decisions will be final.
Scholarship winners will be notified in writing by early October, and will be invited to attend the 26th Annual Living City Environmental Dinner on Thursday November 7, 2019 for the presentation of the scholarship awards.
Condition of Award
At the time of award, Toronto and Region Conservation Foundation will require verification of enrollment and permanent residence. Finalists’ references will be checked.
Coordinator II, Donor Stewardship
416-661-6600 x5346 | email@example.com